8/27/08

Learn Sign Language  

0 comments

I have a son that has Childhood Apraxia of Speech (later on I will be posting some good sites for that also!) Because my son is mostly non-verbal, ASL (American Sign Language) has made it possible for him to communicate his needs to us! I always suggest that everyone teach their children sign...a baby can even use very basic sign language to let you know if they are hungry or need changed! Below you will find a few of the best sites I have used...if you know of any others...PLEASE leave a comment and let me know!

LifePrint: ASL University has a very large selection of signs in this dictionary! The alphabetic word finder makes it super simple to find exactly what word you are looking for! The site features photos and videos for demonstration purposes!

ASL Browser: From Michigan State University. This is a lot like LifePrint...lots of words to choose from, and video to demonstrate.

ASLPro: This one seems to be a bit more advanced than the other two above...it also has a Quiz me option, and ASL for babies...I haven't persoanally used this one much but I do intend on stopping by for a more thorough look later on, it looks like a good one!

Born2sign: This is the one that I used most often to teach my son! They have very basic signs...for food, water, more, please ect.! If you want to use sign as a means to communicate with a small child or baby...I suggest starting with them!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Learn Sign Language